We are almost in the 30 day countdown until Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom finally open up the gates (the gaaaaaates) and for the first time in forever, we’re getting a lot of information from Disney all at once. Most of it, Walt Disney World Resort experience related. In our latest episode Episode 005: Wait, the Resorts Are Doing WHAT?! we talk about these big changes in depth. Here are some take-aways if you’re looking to stay at a Disney Resort, straight from Walt Disney World’s mouth.
Resorts opening on June 22nd:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campgrounds
What you will need to be at these resorts:
- Face coverings for anyone 2 years+
- A confirmed room reservation or a confirmed dining reservation if you are not staying at the resort.
- And here’s the big one: an understanding that your room/resort reservation does NOT guarantee you theme park access. You will need to have your Park Reservation and Valid Admission for the park ready for the dates you plan on staying there. Otherwise, you’re just staying at the resort…which isn’t a bad thing (STAYCATION ANYONE?!) because you still have access to Disney Springs and all open resort amenities.
Amenities that are suspended for the time being:
- Minnie Van Transportation service
- Bellhop escort to your room – but luggage still can be brought
- Deliveries to rooms
- In-room celebrations
You can hear all about what other amenities are currently suspended in Episode 005: Wait, the Resorts Are Doing What?! below and here on Walt Disney World’s Website.
Details about WDW’s new reservation system have not yet been released, we are anxiously awaiting that to see how that will work. As soon as it is, we will let you know so you can get your vacation planning off the ground!
It’s the simple things about Disney trips that make the magic. We finish the episode with us just reminiscing on the Disney moments we’re longing to experience again.